Thursday, December 1, 2011

a sacred December


It's hard to find tiny things to fit in our Advent Calendar. And, although I love the idea of little treasures to count down until Christmas, along with Happy the Elf hiding cleverly each day, and the chocolate calendar count down, and the lego calendar, and the 3 adorable Playmobil calendars, well...it just becomes too much.

In years past, we have had candy, christmas book titles, little stamps, little ornaments, notes that led them to different pre-christmas presents like luggage for a trip or pajamas.

This Christmas my kids are 10 and 12 years old. I decided this was a good year to use the Advent Calendar to help us as a family find the sacred in this holiday. As I last posted, it is a struggle for me to not lose myself, my patience, my joy in this season of expectation.

One thing we will be doing is visiting this website each morning: followingthestar.
I will post each day what the kid's find in the advent calendar and how it all works out.

No comments: