Wednesday, December 14, 2011

december 13th


In the Advent Calendar Today:

"Read today's Advent Devotion and after school deliver a treat to Dad at his office.
Tell him something you really value about him."

So, I wasn't prepared for school ending at 9:45 am (because of exams).
I did not anticipate the adrenaline that someone must have injected into my children in their sleep.
I can't believe I still have 12 more days of this ahead of me.

Peace on Earth.
Goodwill toward men.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Who am I kidding?  I can't.  Sometimes you just run out and today I am out.

The kids are in good spirits. 
They loved delivering "jr. cheeseburgers with ketchup only" to their dad.
Their letters were full of things they noticed, but you don't think kids do.
Like how much they appreciate all the work my husband has been doing to get a new car.

As the day wore on, they could also clearly sense that I was in need of a break.
While I was writing, they both got all up in my space and said, 
"Mom, I think you need to leave early for work today and treat yourself to a little me time.''

Of course, they really just wanted my computer for themselves. But I took their advice and gave myself a break.  I tossed a book into my purse and found my way to a warm restaurant to snuggle into for a couple of hours of mindless alone time. 

May you find peace today and goodwill toward (wo)man. 
Treat yourself to some well-needed "me time". 

No comments: