Wednesday, December 7, 2011

december 6th

In the Advent Calendar today:

"Read today's devotion and then leave the house early to eat breakfast at Starbuck's. Remember to get your teacher's treats and tip your Barista generously!"

As a result of being a one car family, all four of us drove together this morning. It felt so old fashioned. Amazed at how fast my kids got ready.

Our time at Starbuck's was the perfect way to begin the day because both kids had their first finals. They had put in a lot of studying and been under a lot of stress. (I hate the idea of stress and kids, but such is life.) They bought cinnamon rolls for their teachers. Learned how to tip at a coffee shop (and they learned what Barista means.)

We dropped them off at school with big tests ahead of them and big smiles on their faces.

Hopefully, we will get to the devotion this evening. It is finally sinking in for me that I am the one who needs these devotions. They may or may not settle into my kids hearts, but they are helping me tremendously. I will receive them as my gift of sanity and simplicity. Surely my kids will notice and appreciate that gift of Christmas!

No comments: