Saturday, December 3, 2011

december 3rd



In the Advent Calendar today:

"Today, after reading the Advent Meditation
Let's show some love to our neighbor dogs!
We will make homemade dog treats-apple cinnamon."

Both kids loved today's mission. They were so excited to dig in and cook up these treats. We used the last apple in our fruit bowl in this recipe. While my daughter was chopping it up, I asked the kids about the devotion today. My son re-read it to us. The advent devotion today talks about loving the church the way God loves us.

I asked them if they knew what a church is?

My daughter said, "It is a place where people gather to worship."

Then I said, "Who is the church?"

She said, "All the people who gather to worship."

I said, "So when we love others, we are actually worshiping God. Actually, when we honor anything in creation we worshiping God, even the dogs in our neighborhood."

She took in a deep breath and said, "O my gosh, Mom! Do you know what I just realized? I am worshipping God all of the time."

I said, "I can't believe we are putting a juicy Honey Crisp Apple in these dog treats."

Avery said, "Mom, we are worshipping GOD. Don't you think He deserves a delicious apple?"

Watch and wait. When I am looking, I can see that the real gifts of Christmas always come at the perfect time.


No comments: