Monday, January 3, 2011

Manic Monday: Etch A Sketching

"In the late 1950's, a man by the name of Arthur Granjean invented something he called, "L'Ecran Magique," the magic screen, in his garage." ~from Etch A Sketch History

Oh, how I love January.

It is that wonderful time of year where I feel like my life gets shaken clean. I have 12 months to create something that did not exist last year at this time.

So, this first Manic Monday of the new year has a broader purpose than simply getting things done. (Especially since I am on vacation :)

This is the Monday of all Mondays. The Monday that impacts how the rest of my Mondays the rest of this year. Today I will be working on my goals for 2011.

I am a moving ahead kind of person, so although goals are easy and fun for me, it takes me some discipline to look back on 2010 and take notice and pride in what was accomplished last year.

To-do Today:

1. list accomplishments, both big and small from last year
2. ideas for how to make the good things from last year GREAT
3. list 25 goals for 2011
4. choose 1 goal to focus on in January

The only thing more fun to me than setting my goals for the new year is to hear about your dreams and goals.

What are you most proud of accomplishing this year?
What is one thing you would like to see happen in 2011?
What kind of support would help you to accomplish these things?

Can't wait to see the sketches we all create.

Happy New Year!

No comments: