Monday, January 10, 2011

Manic Monday: rethinking normal

normal |ˈnôrməl|
adjective
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected


I wonder how many NORMAL weeks actually happen in my life. You know, days without sick kids, snow, holidays, dentist appointments, traveling, trainings...
Oh yeah, this is normal, isn't it? What is usual, typical and expected around here is the unexpected.

To Do Today:

1. get kids report cards turned in
2. organize schedule (and brainstorm plan B) for this week
3. help daughter with journals that are due (if she does in fact have school tomorrow)
4. get kids organized for (fingers crossed) school tomorrow
5. figure out how I am going to be okay if (gulp) my kids don't go to school tomorrow

How do you deal with life when it doesn't go your way?
Does routine bring out your best?
Or are you the queen of spontaneity?
Are you able to adapt when plans keep changing?

Any tips or hints for surviving cabin fever would be appreciated.

1 comment:

craftykorisa said...

Yes, I was dreading a "snow" day too because I didn't know how to take my darling son for extra time. :)
But he has had the BEST day.....and I've had more fun today than in a long time. We are surviving by playing non-stop and hanging out with neighbors----oh, and by having popcorn and cookie crisp for lunch (that helps!).
Not normal but much better than I had hoped for!

You can do it with your "normal" beautiful outlook on life!