Monday, January 24, 2011

Manic Monday: make my bed

"When the solution is simple, God is answering."
~Albert Einstein

Have you ever eaten scrambled eggs and brain? I think I have. Or maybe the image was so vivid, that I imagined myself seeing it, eating it, gagging...what a lovely image I have painted for you. I hope you are still reading.

I have had one severe case of scrambled brain since the beginning of December. Today's Manic Monday task had to be something simple. Something that would make me feel accomplished with minimal work. Something that set the tone for my day. It had to be something that made me feel pampered and refreshed.

Aha!
Make my bed.
Do you make your bed every day?
I suppose if I did it would not feel like such an accomplishment.
Or maybe it does feel this wonderful every single time and that is why one would make her bed daily.

Maybe.

My brain is still a scrambled mess, but my tidy bed invites me to take the next simple step toward clarity: an afternoon nap. (No, I don't care that it will mess up my throw pillows.)

To do today:
~make my bed
~take an afternoon nap in my fresh clean sheets

No comments: