Monday, January 17, 2011

Manic Monday: support a cause

There are many embarrassing on my to-do list. Not that the actual things on the list are embarrassing (okay, a few are, but I don't want to gross you out.) It is the amount of time that they have been on my list that qualifies me for some kind of impressive procrastination award.

Have you ever heard of Snow Leopard Trust? If you have then you are way ahead of me. One day, ummm 3 or 4 years ago, my daughter was determined to save the snow leopards. She saved her own money, found loose change around the house and car, and she shared her concern with friends and family who also donated.

This is the kind of thing a mom like me dreams her child will do some day. I was amazed and proud and also extremely busy. I did manage to keep all that change in a special place (pat back) and then I actually deposited it in my bank (pat back again) so I could make the donation online.
And then I completely forgot about it.

Occasionaly, my daughter would say,
"Did you ever give that money to the snow leopards?"

And I would say,
"Oh yeah, I will try to remember to do that this week."


To do Today:

~place online donation to the Snow Leopard Trust

Folks, if it were not for Manic Monday those poor little snow leopards would never see the money my sweet daughter saved up for them.

And because of Manic Monday, it is done!

1 comment:

Monique said...

Funny. I knew the back story on this one, so I knew what your blog woulay before I read it. Also funny. Last night we found an envelope with money claire collected to adopt an animal at the zoo a year and a half ago. ;) I think we're cool. ;)