Monday, February 21, 2011

Manic Monday: write my story

"Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It's the one and only thing you have to offer." ~ Barbara Kingsolver

Over Christmas break my kids got into a discussion on the best memories of their childhood. It was a very sweet time to listen to the little things that meant the most to them, but it was also amusing to me to think that my 9 and 11 year old were reflecting on their childhood as if it is over. When does our life become our story?

Unwritten Travels was created (and titled accordingly) to provide a context for writing the story of your life. We are so busy living and doing and becoming that sometimes we don't realize our life has been weaving a story behind us. The other Jenny and I love calling out those stories in women. We can't wait to hear your story and we can't wait for that "aha" moment when you realize the story your life has been telling you, telling the world. It is a beautiful moment. It is why we do what we do.

So, imagine my surprise when the other Jenny asked me to tell my story to a group of women next week. I immediately starting trying to figure out what do other people would want to hear from me. I am thankful to come across Ms. Kingsolver's quote this morning. She is challenging me to tell my story because it truly is all I have to offer.

To do today:

~write my story!


Here is some inspiration from Chapter Five: A Walk Down Memory Lane
just in case you are feeling brave enough to write your story today.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Blessings on your story-writing and telling!