Monday, February 7, 2011

Manic Monday: balancing budgets and taxes

"Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.
Do the thing you fear to do and keep on doing it.
That is the quickest and surest way ever yet discovered to conquer fear."
~Dale Carnegie

I could hardly type the word budget with out gulping. Numbers scare me. I don't really know how to make sense of them. Unfortunately, they are woven into every area of my life. I must make sense of them. Without my numbers in order how do I know if I have met my goals for last year? How can I know if it is even possible for me to accomplish what I have set out for myself this year?

Today's Manic Monday Mission is to get all of my income and expenses organized and ready for April. This is also the day I review my budget for this year and create a regular "check in" for balancing all of my accounts.

One of the questions I asked myself last week was "Who can I contact to help me?" The things I fear doing the most are the things I am not good at. Rather than put them off until the night before (paying extra fees, of course), I will seek out support and wisdom from professionals who can help me.

I have a wonderful tax man. And I have (gulp) scheduled an appointment with him. But, I also need help getting ready for the tax man. So, I have called my wonderful friend who is very good with numbers and very patient with me. She is coming over this week to hold my hand as we wade through the piles of paper that I fear the most.

To do Today:
1. get all papers in order to review and analyze on Wednesday.
2. thank God for friends who are good at things that I am not!
3. be done with the thing I fear the most this first week of February

1 comment:

Monique said...

I am in awe that you finished this post at 6:22 a.m.! Go, you! Even if you don't complete your to-do list, look what you accomplished before most folks (okay, me) got up!
Do so hope you can wrap all those numbers in a box and let go of them soon...so you can have your mind space left for lovely things that make jenny happy. ;)