Monday, March 1, 2010

my lunch box resolution

Two months into 2010 and I am making my first resolution. Not for the year, but for the 30 days of March. This year is just really beginning for me. My new motto is "March is the new January." Here I go.

I have lunch issues. Rarely am I home during the lunching hour. I am out and about and suddenly starving so I drop in on one of my favorite restaurants, maybe meet a friend, and proceed to spend anywhere $8.00-$18.00 every week day. That ends up being between $200-$500 a month. I could have a new car for that amount of money! I am essential eating a car payment. For a very nice car.

You should know, I did attempt to stop eating out a few weeks ago. It did not work. I am the kind of person who needs accountability. And I have to make it fun. Thus I am posting every day this month what I pack in my pink and green polka dot lunch box. (I found this Fit and Fresh product at TJ Maxx for &12.99.) As you can see below, inside of my lunchbox is a container with a substantial space below an ice pack and two smaller containers above it.

What am I packing in my lunch box today? I don't know. I really need to go to the grocery store. I was going to go on Saturday, but I had a free day and Kroger didn't sound like my idea of fun. I was going to go yesterday, but I got really tired, too tired for that kind of shopping.
Today, I must go because old ham and American cheese are not the kind of thing that inspires the beginning of a resolution.

So, I will check back into today with my menu for Day #1. I know, you can hardly stand the suspense.

Also, I need your ideas. What do you pack in your lunch? What delicious and healthy food do you suggest for my lunch box? Let me know if you pack a lunch this month and maybe we can have a picnic.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I think anything is good as long as you change it up a lot. Salad, leftovers, sandwich, veggie tray, whatever. I have to remember protein, so I like the laughing cow cheeses and the cottage cheese containers.
Even if all you stuff in it is a granola bar and an apple, you are doing ok! It would be neat to hear how much money you think you saved in March.

8invitations.com said...

thanks for the ideas, Sandra! I will try to keep track of money saved. That is not my strength.

Also, you won our december scavenger hunt. will you email your mailing address to: unwrittentravels.gmail.com?

Congrats! And thanks for your comments.